Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Amelie!

It feels like it's been months since I started something for myself! All that Christmas knitting was really down to the wire...and I don't even have pictures of it! It's a darned shame I couldn't be bothered to do some photography, because I made the Gatsby cloche
from Stitch Diva, a pair of cabled slippers I designed myself, a zombie doll, a striped hat,the cowl from Loop-d-loop, and a big pillow. I will definitely be making the Gatsby again, it was a party to make and it's the only really unique free hat pattern out there. There's a million cloche variations, but Gatsby really stands out.

I do have pictures of the pillow. I used a circular placemat pattern from Frugal Knitting Haus. The yarn is a handspun wool (I think) that I got at the Finger Lakes Fiber Arts Festival. My mom made that excited "OOOO!" when she saw it, so I snapped it up for a Christmas gift. I used 10.5 DPNS. I only knitted the top and made the rest out of denim because there wasn't enough yarn and also because it was Christmas Eve. I only started my Christmas knitting when I got home from college on the 20th.

Pictures of pillow:





Pretty pretty yummy eggplants! It does have these odd yellow bits, though, as if a mustard-yellow sheep was dyed purple rather carelessly. I wonder.

But, on to the star of our show! The lovely Amelie
has been languishing as thirteen skeins of Cascade Sierra in Sage,a lovely wool/cotton blend that I bought on eBay because my tiny local yarn shop didn't carry it. It took the seller three weeks to ship it to me, but it finally got here, and then I had to start knitting for Christmas. I've had the pattern for five months! Now I've finally started. I've got three or four inches done on the back, and this pattern is really easy to memorize. She is so delicious, my lovely Amelie. She will be the first purchased pattern I have ever knitted, the second sweater, on most definitely the smallest needles I have ever used. I am working my way towards grown-up knitting!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pillow is SCRUMPTIOUS! The stitches look very teeny, what size needle did you use?

I adore your lucky kitty in the header!

morgan said...

so beautiful!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.