Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It'll be so great, with waffles on my plate! Please help me with short rows!

Well, I've got the back and left front pieces of Amelie done; observe, unblocked of course.



Two pieces in one day is some awesome knitting, and far faster than I thought I was capable of on size nine needles. They look itty bitty, don't they? That's because there's a beautiful crocheted ruffled border at the end,(is that called a peplum?) which will be the best part. I am plowing through in hopes of having this done for the first day of school on the eighteenth. My roommate often tells me that my knitting is really just an offshoot of my general stuff-acquiring disease. I'm sure she's right, but at least I only have ONE maxed out credit card, since I make so much of my clothing.

However. We have hit a problem. The problem is this:

Cast on 31 stitches.
Row 1: Purl 11, wrap and turn, knit to end in opposite direction.

That's the first row of the left front, which begins a series of short rows which creates that nice scalloped look on the bottom. That's fine-I got that.

For the right front, I have to reverse all shaping. I don't know how! What will the first row look like when reversed? Does anyone out there know? Please help! In the meantime I'm knitting a sleeve, and I've posted on the White Lies discussion board, where the very nice and funny designer, Joan Mcgowan-Michael, has previously helped me out with yarn substitution for Amelie.

Quit your knitting and scratch me between the ears!



Right now!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.