Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Crochet. Because this is a crochet blog. Yes.

Look! I'm going to distract you from the sewing tangent I'm on with something I crocheted! Er, and knitted.



It's in the Etsy shop so you might have seen it already, but I crocheted the flower in a very typical Irish rose pattern...the reason it's cool is because it's made of all these bits of really cool handspun mohair and alpaca. Natural fiber just looks so REAL. Acrylic yarn has one shade and that's it-no color nuances. It took me a long time to figure this out, and lots of miserable projects, like my attempted Teva Durham Leaf Lace sweater in Lion Chunky. It was awful.

So, the Happy Hooker crochet book is coming out February 13! I hope my copy gets here really soon. I am having a creative block..I have tons of ideas, and I can't wait to get home from school every day, I attempt them and they do not work. I made a white deer today that is so fat I'm considering calling it a sheep. And that just does not satisfy me. Sheep are lovely, but I had this vision of a slender white deer with a wreath of bright flowers around her neck. I dream about this deer at night. I need to create this thing and it does not want to be created.

I hate February. Valentine's Day is next week and I am not even excited because there is no sunshine and I am depressed. Because of the lack of sunshine. So I don't feel lovey dovey. I hate February.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.